Choosing the right law firm to represent you is not always an easy task. There are many things to consider, including the team’s amount of experience, skill sets, education, willingness to communicate, etc. But in our opinion, the most important quality to look for in any firm is trustworthiness.
At Cohen & Cohen, we understand just how essential a trustworthy attorney can be to your case and even your future. That’s why we’ve created a list of qualities to seek out in a law firm that can help you make this important decision with clarity and direction.
Here are five key signs of a truly trustworthy law firm:
1. Its team has a significant amount of experience. When it comes to industry experience, personal injury law is an important one to have it in. If you’re seeking a lawyer who will know exactly how to handle your case, significant experience and quantifiable results are one way to help build a lot of trust.
2. Its attorneys do not ask for any fees from you if no recoveries are collected. If an attorney has not successfully obtained recoveries for you, the firm should not collect any fees from you. The attorney should always have justice—your best interest—in mind and should never ask for money from you if they’ve been unsuccessful in recovering your settlement money.
3. Its attorneys never take more than you receive from your recoveries. If a lawyer is successful in recovering your settlement money, that attorney/law firm should never give themselves a greater portion of the funds than you receive. Again, your best interest should always be in mind for the attorney, as that is a very important factor when earning a client’s trust.
4. Its team has open and regular communication with you. Not only does a trustworthy lawyer work hard to take care of your case, but he/she keeps in touch with you every step of the way. A trustworthy firm only employs attorneys who are open about all the details and are willing to communicate those to you on a regular basis.
5. Its attorneys are readily available to you. Going above and beyond for clients is never a mandatory task, but it helps earn trust at a much faster rate. If your lawyer is willing to make special arrangements for you or answer any questions you might have at a moment’s notice, that law firm is probably one that can be trusted enough to represent your case effectively.
If you’ve become victim to a personal injury caused by another person’s negligence, it’s important to find a firm and an attorney that truly has your best interest in mind. Use these five qualities to determine which one is the right fit for you. For even more tips, download our complimentary guide—The Right Questions to Ask When Choosing a Lawyer—for a list of essential questions you should always ask before selecting your representative.
At The Law Firm of Cohen & Cohen, we strive to showcase our trustworthiness in everything that we do. During this difficult time for you or a loved one, our team can be your trusted vessel for representing your case effectively and recovering the settlement you deserve. For more information about what The Law Firm of Cohen & Cohen can offer, contact us online or call 1-800-33-COHEN today.